Study in the Netherlands- The Maastricht University (UM) has opened its portal for the annual Holland-High Potential Scholarship. This is a full scholarship offered to highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s program at the university. We are going to discuss the application procedures and requirements for the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship in this article. Let’s get down to it.
Study in the Netherlands
About Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship
Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship is a prestigious award offered to highly achieved international students (who are from outside Europe) who have been admitted to run a master’s degree at the university. It is a fully-funded program that is offered annually. The benefits of the scholarship award are €29,000 which covers a tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend for each academic year.
Up to 24 beneficiaries are selected for the program, and they are judged based on academic records and perhaps leadership skills. Any master’s degree program offered at the institution can be taken as far as this scholarship is concerned.
Maastricht University is a public research university in Maastricht, Netherlands which was founded in 1976, and it is the second youngest of the thirteen Dutch universities. It offers most of its programs in English, some notable courses offered at this university include Bachelor in Public Health, Master in Forensics, Criminology, and Law, and the Master in Global Res.
It currently has up to 21,085 students taking one course or the other, 55% of whom are foreign students. UM is ranked as the 23rd best university in the QS Global World Rankings 2022, and it is the sixth-best in the 2021 Times Higher Education (THE) ‘Young Universities’ ranking for best young universities in the world.
Benefits of Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship
Twenty-four candidates will be selected for the program and they shall receive € 29,000 in the award (each academic year). The breakdown of the benefit is listed below:
- Living expenses: €11,400 (12 months) or €22,800 (24 months)
- Insurances: €700
- Visa costs: €174
- Tuition fees: €13,800; €15,500; or €16,800. This generally depends on the tuition of your study program
Also Read: Top International Students Loan Lenders in France
Eligibility Criteria for Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for this program, here are the criteria which must be met:
- Applicants must not be older than 35 at the time of application
- Applicants must be non-EU citizens
- Applicants must have a student permit to study in the Netherlands
- Applicants must not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- Applicants must have secured admission to a full-time master program at Maastricht University
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree and must have excellent academic records
- Applicants must not have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands.
Required Documents for the Application of Study in the Netherlands Scholarship
The supporting documents to be submitted during the application for the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship are:
- Curriculum Vitae: Should contain only relevant information and must be updated.
- Letter of Motivation: This should not be more than a page and should include why the scholarship is important to you.
- Proof of Academic Excellence: This includes your university transcript that explicitly states your grade point average or class ranking, and s letter attested by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study program.
- Proof of Financial Needs: It will be in form of a personal statement in which you will need to explain the personal circumstances why you do need the award.
- Reference Letter: The information here must be authentic, as the school will verify your referee. It is a requirement that you highlight your relationship with the referee e.g. Employer, Professor, etc.
How to Apply for Study in the Netherlands Scholarship
To apply for the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship, here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Apply for Pursue Master Programs at UM
Applicants are to go to http://www.studielink.nl/ to apply for a master’s degree program at UM. But before, you are to look for the requirements for the particular program you want to pursue to get the needed documents prepared.
Once the application is submitted via Studielink, applicants will receive a student ID number for UM. The number will be needed to proceed with the scholarship application.
Step 2: Fill Application Form for Holland-High Potential Scholarship
You will need to log in to your student account with the Student ID. After that, complete the application form for the scholarship (online). You will need to upload some required documents (as mentioned above) and the documents must be in .doc, .docx or PDF format. Once you are done, submit your application.
It is pertinent to note that submission can only be made once, so ensure all needed documents are updated before you start applying for the scholarship.
Application Deadline for Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship
1st February 2022 is the application deadline for the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship
This scholarship opportunity is one of the educational support given to international students in Canada. The program is very competitive. 5% of applicants will be chosen from each faculty that made up the school. So, to be selected, you must be extraordinary academically and have proof that you have financial difficulty. The good thing about the program is that it is offered annually and is fully funded.
- ‹ Previous Article
- Next Article›
- 3 Healthy Recipes for After-School Snacks
- Finding Your Style Through PRocess of Elimination