Concerns about wellness and prevention of diseases through good eating habits have been always on the table. Now, new nutritional trends are focused on finding different superfoods that can provide the health benefits needed for wellness.
At the same time, other trends are reviewing and detailing the advantages of food we already have at hand and making them noticeable to the world.
Rice is undoubtedly on this list. Some people are unaware that this grain has incredible benefits for health when included in daily meals. Furthermore, it is a versatile ingredient and very easy to cook.
Rice’s nutrition facts
People are so used to eating rice in their daily diet that they are not aware of the nutritious treasure they have in their pantries.
No matter how you enjoy it: plain white rice, one-pot rice meals, or rice beverages, desserts, among other preparations; it always provides you with needed minerals, vitamins, and proteins. This translates into benefits for your well-being and some illness prevention. You only need to combine it for cooking balanced and powerful meals.
Some of the advantages you will reap by cooking with rice are:
- Help to maintain weight: this grain has almost no fat, and it is low in sodium and cholesterol. Besides, it contains a good amount of fiber helping to feel full and satisfied.
- Reduce cancer risk and heart conditions: The content of fiber, vitamins A and C give rice anti-inflammatory properties. These help to low blood pressure and get rid of free radicals.
- Improve nervous system function: Rice is high in a wide variety of vitamin B. These vitamins are good for the production of neurotransmitters that regulate the nervous system process.
- Prevent constipation: Also the fiber present in rice makes possible a proper regulation of the digestive system.
- Give a good boost of energy: Carbohydrates in rice provide quick and easily accessible fuel that increases energy levels.
- Help people with celiac disease: It is a gluten-free grain, a good option for people with some allergies.
But beware; it is not only eating any rice dish; other ingredients and the way of cooking also have their share in the final nutritional value.
Nutritious rice-based dishes
Using rice wisely can provide you with all the nutrients you need for enjoying good health. You do not have to be very strict with your diet to get all of them. The idea is to choose the proper ingredients and cooking techniques to take advantage of rice’s benefits.
Follow the following tips and discover how to use rice for getting its nutrients:
- Use a few amounts of oil or low-calorie oil.
- Avoid fatty meats.
- Combine with vegetables that complement the nutritional value of the dish.
Another extra point to consider is that almost all rice recipes are very easy to prepare and you can make them in a matter of minutes.
Here you have some options for nutritious rice-based dishes:
- Mexican spiced tomato rice.
- Seafood rice.
- Rice tabbouleh.
- Tuna rice salad.
- Lemon risotto.
- Coconut rice.
- Spinach Rice with Feta.
- One pot rice and beans.
- Egg fried rice.
Try this easy rice recipe
As you can see, alternatives to rice dishes are countless. Let’s make an egg fried rice recipe easy, and start to build your recipe book of nutritious rice dishes.
Healthy Egg fried rice
Ingredients (4 servings):
- Low-calorie cooking spray.
- 1½ cup of cooked jasmine rice.
- 1 cup of frozen peas.
- 2 beaten eggs.
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce.
- 2 cups of fresh bean sprouts.
- 1 cup of sliced spring onions.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Sliced spring onions for garnish.
- Give a generous spray of low-calorie oil to a big frying pan. Heat a high temperature.
- Add cooked jasmine rice. Cook and stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Incorporate frozen peas and beaten eggs. Combine very well and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, bean sprouts, spring onions, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with more sliced spring onions on the top.
You can eat this healthy egg fried rice as a complete meal, or if you prefer it goes perfectly with any meat preparation or any fresh salad.
- ‹ Previous Article
- Next Article›
- Marketing Strategies For Businesses Keys To Success
- Dobber’s Offseason Fantasy Grades: Boston Bruins