All homeowners know it costs money to buy a home, but did you know that it can also cost you money to sell your property? If you’re considering selling your home and asking yourself how much does it cost to sell a home in Fort Worth, this article is for you!
Please note that our real estate investment company is a specialist cash for houses agency in Fort Worth, so if you sell your home through us, most of these costs won’t apply.
So, let’s answer the question “How much does it cost to sell a home in Fort Worth?”
Repairs and upgrades to your home
There’s quite a lot of work that home need to be appealing to today’s buyers – and these home upgrades and repairs can be very costly without any guarantee that you’ll get the money back when you sell. Buyers want homes that are move-in ready, with new kitchens and bathrooms, good quality flooring, repaired roofs, that are structurally sound, and have good appliances, air conditioning, water heating systems and more. Today’s buyers even look for perks like solar energy systems, smart home functionality, and other costly extras. In this competitive market, it is exceptionally difficult to sell your home as is or as a fixer-upper because there are so many homes currently on the market.
However, if you sell to our cash for houses company, you can sell your home as is – no need for any repairs or upgrades, no matter what condition the property is in.
Home inspection costs
Most buyers today will ask for a home inspection before they purchase a property. This will involve a specialist coming in and assessing the property from top to bottom, looking for any roof leaks, cracks in the foundation, damp, mold, rusty pipes, old heating systems, damage to AC ductwork – you name it. Buyers can then make their offer on condition that certain repairs and upgrades are completed, which can eat significantly into any of your potential profits.
Alternatively, you can sell your home to Shiny Key Properties. We do not perform inspections and buy homes in any condition, including teardowns.
Sellers title fees and transfer taxes
Before you sell, you will have to present a legal title document that states you are the owner of the property and whether there are any liens on the property (if it is a “free and clear title”). The seller must pay for title insurance to protect the buyer and their lender, and the cost of this depends on the sale cost of the property. For example, title insurance fees for a $200,000 house will be approximately $1,300.
One good thing about selling your home in Fort Worth is that Texas does not apply transfer taxes to the sellers or buyers of a property, so you don’t need to worry about that!
Real estate agent commission
Real estate agents and realtors charge a percentage of the property’s sale price as their commission. This will differ from agency to agency, but it’s typically around 3.5-6%. This may not sound like much, but it’s a significant bite out of your home’s profits – and you are liable to pay this fee whatever your home sells for, even if your home sells at a loss.
Because Shiny Key Properties is a cash home buyer in Fort Worth and not a real estate brokerage, we charge ZERO commission. That’s right – there’s absolutely no commission payable when we buy your home, whatever its sale price is.
Extra costs that sellers should be aware of include:
- Legal fees – Realtors and brokerages cannot perform the legal side of selling a property, so you will have to pay an attorney separately to negotiate the contract terms and advise you through the process, which can be up to $1000 or more. However, these fees are NOT APPLICABLE when you sell to our cash property buyers.
- Homeowners Association closing fees – If you live in an area with a HOA where you pay monthly fees, you may have to pay a closing fee when you sell. It’s advisable to check your HOA agreement.
- Plat of Survey – This is a standard survey of your property when you sell, and it legally outlines the property lines, permanent fixtures, and other important elements of your property. This is important for buyers as it establishes if there are any encumbrances on your property.
Want to sell your home quickly and affordably? Here’s how our Fort Worth real estate specialists can help
Now that you know how much it costs to sell a home in Fort Worth, do you want to get more for your home when you sell? At Shiny Key Properties, we purchase property in any condition, at any time of year, from well-kept family homes to teardowns. If you want to sell your home as is without having to look for a buyer, deal with a real estate agent and pay their commission, or even empty the property, then the best option is to sell directly to our cash property buyers in Fort Worth.
We can sell your property in 24 hours, putting a lump sum into your account in just a few days. Here’s how our process works:
- You enter your information on our website. We’ll contact you directly to discuss an offer for your property (you can also get a free property evaluation from our website)
- You can accept or reject the FREE NO-OBLIGATION offer
- Cash will be deposited into your bank account – with no real estate agent fees
- We can handle all aspects of the process, including clearing out the property
- You can also call us directly on 469-858-008
That’s all there is to it!
You can also download our FREE eBook for more information on how to sell your property in 24 hours.
Our team is compassionate and highly motivated to offer you the best possible market-related price for your home, so you can sell your property in 24 hours. Not only does this cash go straight into your bank account as soon as the sale goes through, but you also pay zero real estate agent commission.
At Shiny Key Properties, our trained consultants have years of experience in assisting local and out-of-state property owners to sell their property as is. To get an offer from cash property buyers, please contact us today and speak to one of our Fort Worth real estate specialists.
- ‹ Previous Article
- Next Article›
- Easy Support For You In Organization.
- What I Desire Every Person Learnt About Blog Writing.