- HELOC borrowers can speed up their approval process
- HELOC: A fast way to access home equity
- How to get a HELOC approved faster
- HELOC closing times FAQ
- Start now to shorten the time it takes to get a HELOC
- 1. Find a HELOC lender that doesn’t require an appraisal
- 2. Call around to ask for time estimates
- 3. Try local credit unions
- 4. Have all your documents ready
- 5. Leave a spouse off the loan
- 6. Call to follow up
- 7. Clean up your credit before applying
HELOC borrowers can speed up their approval process
It could take up to six weeks — and sometimes longer — to get a home equity line of credit (HELOC).
Or it could take only two weeks. As the borrower, you have some control over how fast your HELOC closes.
So if you can’t wait a month or more to access your home equity, you’ll need to take action.
First, look for the fastest lenders. Then, be sure to do your part to keep the loan process on track.
Submit your HELOC details to get started.
What’s in this article?
HELOC: A fast way to access home equity
7 steps for a faster HELOC approval
HELOC closing times FAQ
Start now to speed your HELOC approval