Shell Technology announces job opening for chemical engineering candidates. Researcher job opening 2022, Chemistry researcher job opening 2022, Analytical Researcher job opening 2022, Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the detailsJob Title: Analytical ResearcherReference ID R104131Work Location (City) BengaluruEligbility Criteria/Experience:
- PhD or master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry with relevant academic or industry experience is required
- Significant (3+ years) knowledge of liquid, ion and size exclusion chromatography with experience in GC, and their potential applications is a must.
Significant experience in Analytical project and R&D development and deployment is required, including experience in supporting large-scale R&D projects working across organizations.
- A high technical curiosity, learner mindset and ability to work across natural teams without organizational authority is essential for the job. .
- Strong interpersonal skills that can easily transport deep technical discussions to business impact is highly valued.
- Engage with key stakeholders for laboratory operation e.g., within Technology Business/Commercial team to deliver result
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal communication
- Follow general safety protocol and practice Shell’s safety culture while working in the lab
- Manage multi-disciplinary global projects to ensure customers technical needs are met in timely and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate with local and global Analytical colleagues on complex multi-disciplinary problem- solving projects, and new project and R&D initiation and implement
Where you fitThe Researcher in the India Chromatography team will be a technical expert in the global Chromatography team who will be responsible for providing advanced technical solutions in chromatographic separation sciences mainly LC, GC, IC, SEC and titration area ensuring that innovative solutions are implemented to provide reliable, fast and cost-effective analytical measurements leveraging a variety of chromatographic techniques.As a member of the chromatography team, the Researcher will be expected to partner with our (Shell) customers, understand their needs, leverage their broad and extensive Analytical Chemistry, in particular LC/GC/IC/SEC/titration, knowledge to provide cutting-edge solutions. With broad chromatography knowledge, the successful candidate would be able to scout external emerging technologies as well as select appropriate hardware and develop a method for relevant Shell applications.The Researcher will serve as an important resource in the department, not only in lab operations, problem-solving and lab safety, but also in guiding/mentoring less experienced staff. They will also engage and share best practices in the global team.What’s the role?
- Technical responsibility for method development, evaluation, and implementation of new capability, using a wide range of liquid chromatography techniques including HPLC, IC, CIC, SEC, along with GC, and wet chemistry.
- Hands-on experience in setting up various LC/IC hardware including different detectors such as MS, RI, UV, PDA, ELSD, and columns, is a must.
- Fundamental knowledge in 1D, 2D and comprehensive gas chromatography with related detectors such as FID, TCD, SCD, NCD and EI-MS, and various sample introduction systems (headspace, thermal desorption) is required.
- Experience related to certain application areas of gas chromatography such as simulated distillation, detailed hydrocarbon analysis, volatile analysis using headspace and thermal desorption, is desirable.
- Experience on wet chemical analysis and knowledge of different types of titrations related to petrochemical industry will be an added advantage.
- Closely interact with internal customers, with high level of stake-holder engagement, identifying applications and contributing to business by own expertise including but not limited to contributing to R&D projects and understanding value to the business.
- Design, develop, validate, deploy, and maintain various complex chromatographic analytical instruments and methods as well as day-to-day hands-on work in the laboratory as well as supervision of laboratory staff performing testing, while paying close attention to safety and quality.
- Monitor analytical technology developments outside of Shell and identify innovations with the potential to create value for Shell and collaborate in the Global Skill Network.
- Support root cause investigation, interpret and report analytical data generated using basic statistics.
- Mentor, train, and guide less experienced staff in the chromatography space as well as actively participate in Global Skill Network for LC and GC.